Back pain has become a common problem among the present days, irrespective of age and gender. The lower back pain is usually considered as back pain. The range of the problem differs from person to person. Severe pain in lower back causes difficulty in walking and standing. For few of the people, the pain remains achy continuously for a long time. Mild pain with discomfort at lower back is also considered as back pain.
Most of the times, people use the general medication like pain relievers, application of heat and taking rest for some time. Yet, many people get the back pain recurrently which is rather ignored and treated with general medication. This may lead to few other problems like sciatica. Thus, one must recognize the level of pain and the reasons of the pain. As per the necessity, consulting the expert is highly suggested.
There are several reasons for the cause of the pain. Any of these reasons may cause the ache and suffer the patient.
1. Muscle strain: Due to heavy work or bending several times may strain the muscle and cause the pain acutely. Some time the soreness can also be noticed. General medication and rest are often suggested advices for the back pain that caused due to muscle strain.
2. Lifting heavy objects: Lifting heavy objects often causes muscle strain and lead to the back pain. But some of the times, it may also lead to the fractures. Confirming with the physician is appreciated if the pain is very severe.
3. Sudden movements: While travelling on two-wheeler or four-wheeler, while walking or while working; few of the movements suddenly cause the strain and leads to the back pain. Few of the exercises which are not suggestible, also cause the back pain.
4. Low calcium levels: Lower calcium levels cause not only the back pain but also among several parts of the body. Even the mild muscle strain or sudden movements may lead to fractures when the calcium levels are low. Taking healthy food which provide calcium and taking calcium supplements with the doctor’s suggestion are necessary.
5. Improper postures: Many people don’t care the way of sitting, standing or walking. In long run, the improper postures in sitting, standing and walking may lead to several difficulties and back pain is one of those difficulties. Often many employees sit for a long time resting the back for support. In long run this kind of sitting postures without body movements for a long gap, become a cause for the back pain.
6. Accidents: Severe attack on the spinal cord due to any of the reasons like accidents also leaves back pain. Often medication and physical exercises, for a long run help to get recovered.
7. Facet joint osteoarthritis: This type of arthritis develops in the aged people. The problem may lead to other problems like sciatica. The pain leads to stiffness at lower back which can be noticed more during mornings and evenings.
8. Compression fracture: This type of fracture is majorly noticed among men and women over 50 years of age, particularly those who are suffering from osteoporosis (a bone disease). Even minimum strain may cause fracture on spinal cord. Loss of height, less back bone flexibility and pain during walking or standing are few of the common symptoms of compression fracture.
9. Lumber degenerative disc or Isthmic/degenerative spondylolisthesis: Lumbar degenerative disc, a disease which can be noticed among men or women around 20 to 30 years of age, causes severe lower back pain and may lead to other complications. Isthmic spondylolisthesis, is noticed as slip of the disc that causes pressure on roots of the nerves also cause acute pain. Degenerative spondylolisthesis is observed more among the older people. Back pain one of the symptoms of it.
10. Other reasons like infection or tumor: Apart from the above reasons, there are several other reasons which may not be common. Infections on the back bone, tumor or spine etc may also cause the back pain.