70 to 80 minutes
Mixing Bowl, Griddle
Quick And Easy
Quick Blini Ingredients
- 1 packet dry yeast
- ¾ cup warm water
- 2 tablespoon lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¾ cup light buckwheat white flour preferably which is unbleached
- ¼ cup instant non-fat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoon commercial sour cream or plain yoghurt
- 1 – ½ tablespoon butter or margarine melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs separated
- Salt for taste
- Butter or margarine or vegetable oil or non-stick cooking spray for frying
- For serving any one of these or may be all three; commercial sour cream, caviar or sliced smoked salmon.
Preparation Method for Quick Blini Recipe
- Take a medium size bowl and mix yeast, water and honey. Leave the mixture for rest for about 5 minutes till it gets foamy. Now add flour, milk powder, sour cream or yoghurt, melted butter or margarine and egg yolks.
- Gently cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set is aside for atleast 30 minutes so that it rises and bubbles will form at the surface.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites with the salt till they form stiff peaks make sure you do not overbeat them as it may get difficult to fold.
- Now very carefully but thoroughly fold the beaten whites into the batter.
- Preheat a griddle over a medium heat and grease it lightly. Drop 2 tablespoon of barter onto the preheated griddle.
- When you see bubbles forming on the surface of the pancakes and the bottoms are browned turn them onto the other side and cook till you see light brown colour formed on the other side also.
- Your Quick Blini is ready to serve. Serve it with desires accompaniments listed above.