Pressure cooker, Pan
Punjabi Chhole Ingredients
- 1 cup chickpeas / kabuli chana soaked overnight
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato chopped finely
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp coriander / dhania powder
- ½ tsp cumin / jeera powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp of chopped coriander leaves
Preparation Method for Punjabi Chhole Recipe
The procedure of preparing Punjabi chhole is as follows:
- Pressure cook chickpeas.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions.
- Fry for a little while and add ginger garlic paste.
- Once onions turn brown, add coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder and turmeric powder.
- Add chopped tomato and tomato puree and let tomato cook till it gets soft.
- Now pour chickpeas into a pan adding more water if required.
- Add garam masala powder.
- Bring the mixture to boil and mash some chickpeas to thicken the gravy.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Punjabi chhole can be served either with rotis or puris.