1 ½ hours
Bowl, Frying pan, Perforated spoon
Pua and Singal Ingredients
- 2 cups Sooji / Rava
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup curd
- ½ tsp saunf
- ¼ tsp cardamom / elaichi powder
- One ripe banana (mashed)
- 500 gms ghee or oil
Preparation Method for Pua and Singal Recipe
The following is the procedure for preparing pua and singal.
- Mix sooji, sugar, curd, saunf, cardamom powder and the mashed banana and set aside for an hour.
- Heat oil or ghee.
- Prepare small balls of this mixture and gently drop in oil.
- Deep fry till golden brown.
- Remove the balls after draining the oil using a perforated spoon.
- Place the pua in a bowl and use tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
- Make a hole in a clean plastic bag and put the mixture into the bag.
- Now squeeze the bag gently, moving the bag in circles so as to let the mixture take the shape of jalebis.
- Fry till the singal is golden brown.
- Drain oil using a perforated spoon