Pressure cooker, Grinder, Wooden board
Pooran Poli Ingredients
- 1 cup Bengal gram dal / chana dal
- 1 cup jaggery
- 1 ½ cups maida / plain flour
- One pinch saffron powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 8 tablespoons
- 2 cardamom pods
Preparation Method for Pooran Poli Recipe
- Sieve maida.
- Stir the saffron powder in half cup water and mix it with maida.
- Knead into a soft dough using some oil.
- Set it aside at least an hour.
- Wash the Bengal gram dal and cook using a pressure cooker.
- Drain any excess water.
- Add jaggery to the dal and cook for 10 minutes.
- Grind to a smooth paste without using any water.
- Add cardamom and grind for a little while.
- The pooran is ready.
- Make lime sized pellets of pooran and an equal number of pellets of the dough prepared earlier.
- Take a pellet of the dough, dust it with maida and roll into a small puri.
- Place a pellet of pooran on the puri. Fold the edges so that the pooran is completely enclosed.
- Place a piece of plastic on a wooden board.
- Role the enclosed puri just like a chapatti.
- Place the chapatti tawa on medium flame.
- Once heated, reduce the flame and place the poli on it.
- Roast it on both sides.
- Repeat the same procedure for the remaining pellets of pooran and dough.
- The pooran polis are now ready. Smear some ghee on them while serving.