Piles are seen mostly in women than men. Though the reason behind it is not clear, adolescent age group and aged persons suffer the most from this ailment. Medical professional term for piles is hemorrhoids. It is a condition in which veins inside or outside the rectum are inflamed and swollen. If it is a case of external piles then the person only feels pain while passing stool. But in case of internal piles you can see the discharge of dark blood. Even in few cases the veins burst and blood is discharged. If piles is left without any treatment then it can lead to serious complications.
Causes of Piles
- Chronic constipation
- Coughing for a long time causes strain in anal veins
- Weakness of body tissues
- Taking meals with low fiber
- Intercourse through anus
- Sitting or standing till long time
- Tiredness at work
- Psychological strain
Symptoms of Piles
- Pain while passing the stool
- Pain around the anus and rectum
- Incomplete or unsatisfactory evacuation of stool
- Burning sensation in rectal area
- Discharge of blood while passing stool. The blood may not be mixed with the stool
- Sensing of some bulgy thing hanging down from the anus
- Anemia after heavy bleeding
- Feeling uncomfortable while sitting because of pain
Following are some of the Piles Home Remedies
- Take three or four dry figs. Wash them properly. Marinate in a little amount of water. Next day morning consume the figs in empty stomach and drink the water in which the figs were marinated.
- Collect some mango seeds. Dry them in shade. Grind them and consume one and a half or two gms twice a day. You can have the doses with or without honey.
- Take Jambul fruit with salt every morning.
- Cut 100 gms of white radish into pieces. Consume it by adding one tea-spoon of honey.
- Prepare juice of white radish and consume the juice after adding a pinch of salt.
- Make a paste of white radish and milk. Apply the paste over inflamed piles.
- Grind Turnip leaves. Extract around 150 ml of juice. Drink it and it is necessary to maintain a proper diet with raw fruits and vegetables while taking this juice. You can find better results if you mix 50 ml of this juice with the same amount of juices of spinach, watercress and carrots.
- Grind some bitter gourd leaves. Consume three teaspoons of the juice after adding it with a glass of buttermilk. This mix is to be taken daily in the morning.
- A paste made by using the roots of the bitter gourd plant can also be applied over the piles to get relief.
- Prepare a mix of half a teaspoon of ginger juice, one teaspoon of fresh lime juice, one teaspoon of fresh mint juice and one tablespoon of honey. This can be proved to be an effective home remedy for piles.
- Rub 30 gms of onions well in water and add 60 gms of sugar to it. Take twice a day to get relief from the pain.
- Boil 20 gms of Sesame seeds in 500 ml of water. When the amount reduces to around thirty percent of the original mix, take it as decoction. Even you can apply the seeds over the bleeding piles. Grind the seeds with water and add butter to it and apply.
Practicing the above home remedies can give you the best results in getting relief from piles. But it is better to tone up the entire system by doing exercise regularly.