As much as we take care of our face and body, most of us tend to ignore our nails. Nails are equally important and we need to take good care of them. Clean, well shaped and healthy nails always look great on a person. People with healthy and pink nails are a sign of good health while people with dull and dirty nails are very unhygienic and give a bad impression.
To have good and healthy nails on your feet and hands, you need to take proper care of them. There are various nail care products available in the market that can help in keeping your nails strong, healthy and pink. Cleaning, moisturizing and cleaning of cuticles are all a part of maintaining healthy nails. Follow the nail care tips given below and enhance the beauty of your hands and feet.
Nail Care Tips
- If you have soft nails which tend to break very fast, take some olive oil and soak your nails in it for 15-20 minutes. Do this every alternate day.
- Most of us have stained nails which look very bad. To get rid of this problem make a mixture by adding one tablespoon of lemon juice added in a cup of water. Soak your nails for a few minutes in this mixture. Wash your hands with warm water and massage with a moisturizer.
- Cuticles are very important for nails as it protects the nail from infection. Therefore with the help of an orangewood stick dipped in cuticle oil push the cuticles back.
- Avoid using nail polish remover that contains acetone, rather use acetate. If possible try to avoid using a nail polish remover regularly as this spoils the texture of your nails.
- Whenever you are wearing a nail polish, try and take a break from applying it regularly. A regular use of nail polish develops a yellow tint on the nails which makes it look very pale.
- If you want a natural shine to your nails, apply a coat of colorless base, massage your nail with petroleum jelly and then buff them with a smooth cloth.
- If your nails are dull, brittle or split, then start having Vitamin B, Organic Silica and MSM which help in strengthening the nails.
- Do not bite your nails as it is not good for the cuticles and the growth of nails.
- After a bath or otherwise, make sure you dry your nails well. Apply some lotion as this protects the nails from breaking easily.
- Women with brittle nails should wear nail polish or a transparent nail coat as this act like a protective shield for the nails.
Follow the above nail care tips and enjoy having beautiful and healthy nails. Always remember that as much as other parts of the body are important, so are the nails. Develop a habit of keeping your nails clean and well shaped. This is a part of hygiene and it should be followed by both men and women.