Mouth Ulcers are also called as Canker Sores. Mouth ulcers are generally yellow or white in color and they are encircled by red halos. Before popping up of the mouth ulcers, you can feel a stinging sensation inside the mouth. Painful white sore on the tongue, gums, internal side of the cheek and lips will put you in the trouble if you are suffering from mouth ulcer. Though mouth ulcers take around 7 to 10 days for healing, by knowing effective mouth ulcer home remedy, you can lessen the pain. In this article, you can know about the types, causes, symptoms of mouth ulcers and most importantly the easy and simple home remedies to cure them.
Ulcers Are Of Three Types As Following:
- Herpetiform Ulcers i.e. 100 small painful ulcers pop up in a cluster
- Minor ulcers
- Large ulcers
Mouth Ulcers Causes:
- Lack of dental hygiene
- Bowel ailment
- Lip biting
- Allergy for certain foods
- Deficiency of vitamins like B12, C, Folic acid, Iron etc.
- Imbalance in hormone secretion
- Viral infection
- Intake of excessive spicy and acidic food
- Skin infection
- Mental tension
- Genetic problem
Mouth Ulcers Symptoms:
- Feeling pain during eating, drinking, swallowing and talking
- Accumulation of more saliva
- Unpleasant breath
- Tenderness extended up to throat and tonsils
- Mild fever
- In some serious cases you can find bleeding ulcers
Mouth Ulcers Home Remedies:
Following are some of the easy and effective home remedies to cure mouth ulcers. These tested home remedies have no side effects too.
- The simplest way to cure your mouth ulcer and to get rid of the bad breath is to chew few basil leaves with water. Do it twice in a day.
- Wash out your mouth with fresh coconut milk for at least 3-4 times a day.
- Gargle with hot and cold water alternately.
- Consume more raw salad and onions. Onions are rich with sulfur and sulfur is effective enough in curing mouth ulcers.
- Increase the intake of foods rich in vitamin C, because lack of vitamin C may cause mouth ulcers.
- Do not take spicy foods and animal protein rich foods.
- Take more yogurt, buttermilk and cottage cheese.
- Rinse your mouth with the mix of sodium bicarbonate and water.
- Do not eat sharp-edged food such as dry bread or potato chips. Stay away from lozenges, chewing gums, coffee, tobacco and foods that can trigger the formation of ulcers.
- Apply peppermint oil to the ulcers to get relief from the pain and irritation.
- Soothingly apply the mixture of honey and coconut milk on the affected gums. Repeat this thrice a day.
- Eat curd and banana daily in the morning till the ulcers are not cured completely.
- Make a paste of honey and one table-spoon of powdered root bark of Indian Gooseberry and apply it on the affected area.
- Consume Mulberry juice that is effective in curing mouth ulcers.
- Take one cup of water. Add one teaspoon of coriander seeds to it. Warm it and strain. Gargle with the solution thrice a day.
If you are suffering from mouth ulcer, you have to follow certain diet recommendations. Take more apples, as it has bactericidal properties and bananas are also recommended as they prevent gastric ulcers and perform the role of protectant for internal mucosa. Minimize the intake of meat. Take more and more green and leafy vegetables because they are rich in vitamin B complex. Do not take foods with more salt or sugar.
Prevention of the mouth ulcers is possible if the exact cause of it is identified.