Migraine generally is a severe pain which occurs on one side of the head. Migraine headaches are paroxysmal aliments followed by severe headaches. Along with headaches disorders of digestion, sight and liver problems follows. Muscles of head and neck when gets tired, due to over work generates migraine pain, and also continuous stress creates migraine attacks. These tight muscles squeeze the arteries and hence the blood flow drops down.
Migraine Headache Symptoms
- Suffering with pain on one side
- Depression for a short time
- Pounding pain, vomiting and nausea
- Numbness or pain on one side of the face, arm and leg
- Laziness, stiff neck, yawning
Home Remedies For Migraine
- Using some aromas essential oils like lavender, sandalwood, peppermint and eucalyptus can treat migraine. Take a cloth which is dipped in warm or cold water along with aroma oils and place the cloth on the affected region. Aromatherapy is one of the best treatments for migraine patients.
- Giving your head an ayurvedic massage with ayurvedic oils. By giving this massage you will nourish all of your senses and gain relief.
- Taking grape juice without adding water gives relief from migraine.
- Prepare a juice with spinach, cucumber and beet, then add equal quantity of vegetable juice and consume. This juice is very effective for migraine relief.
- Using enema with warm water cleans all the toxins from the body through bowel moments.
- Take few cabbage leaves and crush them, now take the crushed leaves and tie in a cloth and tie this cloth around your head.
- Vitamin C with bioflavanoids helps in relieving the pain of migraine which is also good for cardiovascular headache and numbness.
- Drinking chamomile tea helps in controlling migraine.
- The paste of lemon crust will act as a good healing remedy for migraine pain. Apply the paste of lemon crust on the forehead and see the difference.
- Sunlight is the enemy for migraine pain. It irritates the eyes and increases the pain from migraine, so just avoid the sunlight when you have migraine attack.
- Sandalwood is one of the best home remedy for migraine pain. Make a paste from sandalwood and apply on the forehead.
- Meditation is the best remedy one can profit on all kinds of headaches, stress, and depression.
- Well balanced diet of nuts, milk, vegetables, fruits, yoghurt, grains, oils and honey help in preventing migraine.
- To prevent migraine avoid consuming greasy and oily foods, processed foods, sugary foods, pickles and sauces.
- Walking in fresh air helps migraine attacks.
- Garlic plays a key role in treating migraine pain as a home remedy. You can eat garlic either cooked or raw to obtain benefits.
- Niacin helps to give relief from migraine pain. Niacin vitamin is available in yeast, whole wheat, fish, sun flower seeds, tomatoes and liver. 100 mg of niacin is recommended for migraine treatment.
- Drinking and smoking will increase the symptoms of migraine so avoiding alcohol and smoking gives relief from the migraine.
If the migraine lasts for 72 hours and follows for weeks along with fever, mental conclusion, pain around the face and ears, you should consult the doctor immediately.