Large Bowl, Frying Pan
Quick And Easy
Medu Vada Ingredients
- 2 cups of Rice
- 2 ½ cups of Urad Dal
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 pieces of green chillies
- Salt to taste
- ½ tablespoon of peppercorn
- 2 cups of oil
Preparation Method for Medu Vada Recipe
The preparation method for Medu Vada is as follows:
- Soak Dal and Rice separately for atleast 5 to 6 hours.
- Drain the water and grind dal and rice together to make a smooth paste
- In a separate jar grind peppercorn and mix it with the paste of dal and rice.
- Now add chopped onions, green chillies and salt to the paste and mix it well.
- Mix the entire ingredients till it forms a smooth barter.
- Now heat oil in Kadhai.
- Heat it well and once the oil is hot reduce the flame to medium heat.
- Now take a small portion of the batter. Make it in a ball like shape and deep fry them.
- Fry the balls till they turn golden brown.
- Your Medu Vada is ready to be served.
- Serve it hot with chutney and sambhar.