Light meals & snacks
40 to 45 minutes
Pan or Griddle & Frying Pan
Quick And Easy
Masala Dosa Ingredients
- 1 ½ cup of Urad dal
- 1 ½ cup of Rice
- Salt to taste
- 2 large Potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1 medium onions chopped
- ½ tablespoon of yellow split peas.
- ½ tablespoon of mustard seeds
- ½ tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 or 2 green chillies
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Salt to taste.
Preparation Method for Masala Dosa Recipe
For Dosa Shell
- You need to soak Urad dal and Rice for atleast 6 hours or overnight. Make sure you soak them separately.
- Now grind Dal and Rice into a paste. Make sure you grind them separately.
- After this mix them together, add salt to the mixture and add little water so that it turns into a smooth batter.
- Now heat the pan or griddle with little ghee or oil.
- Now spread 1 tablespoon mixture on pan in circular motion to make this Dosa.
- Now cook the Dosa on both sides.
Preparation Method for Masala Filling
- Take a frying pan,heat oil in it.
- Add mustard seeds. Wait till the seeds splutter.
- Now add peas, onions and other spices.
- Fry them for atleast 5 to 7 minutes on medium heat till the onions changes its colour golden brown.
- Now add boiled and mashed potatoes to the mixture.
- Mix well and cook for some time.
- Add the filling inside the Dosa
Your Masala Dosa is ready to serve. Serve it hot with chutney and sambhar.