This is the 21st century where the metrosexual men are not shy of being fashionable. It is official now; the males of the species are as particular about their looks as their female counterparts. Gone are the days when men used to secretly filch their girlfriends' moisturizers or complexion creams. They now have entire shelves dedicated to them in cosmetic sections. Men are focusing on youth, perfection, and physical attraction more and more with every passing day and that is really good news.
Be it styling their hair or whitening the teeth, eyebrow plucking or even wearing makeup, men are really becoming fashionable and particular about their looks. They are keen on highlighting their best facial features and hide the blemishes.
If you too are eager to join the group but don’t know from where to start, and how to make yourself look more attractive, here are some makeup tips for man put together:
- Remember that you are a male by gender and at heart. So, your makeup should be completely different from being anything feminine. Do it to highlight the best in you, but never overdo.
- Use a foundation which is similar to your skin tone. In any attempt to become fairer, don’t mess up your look and make yourself funny by choosing the wrong foundation colour.
- Use skin concealers. They are excellent for covering blemishes, dark circles under the eyes, age spots, tattoos and other facial and skin imperfections.
- A natural matte finish powder is fine for you. Apply with a fluffy pad. You can also try a translucent shine reduction powder. Use bronze gel instead of powder on the facial parts with hair.
- Eye shadows are not going to look good with mustaches and beards. You cannot choose both at a time.
- A thin line of black kohl and light eye shadow will be enough, and will prevent you from looking overdone.
- A neutral mascara is a safe as well as a wonderful option to add depth to your eyes.
- Nude shades of lipstick or natural colours will work just fine. If you want to go a little experimental, try the darker shades. However, choose colours that complement your skin, eye, hair color and hairstyle. Never use black lipstick unless you are going for some Halloween party with a gothic look.
- Use lip serums. They are excellent for making the lips look fuller and smoother. They are also natural moisturizers and conditioners for the lips. The vitamin E content also ensures that you always flaunt super lush lips.
- If you are going for any photo session, use bronzing gel on the bearded area. Dust the cheeks sparingly with bronze powder for that sun-tanned masculine look. They will give you a radiant glow and a natural coverage.
- The most important part of makeup is, never forgetting to remove makeup. If you are going to leave it overnight, this surely is going to take a toll on your skin. After you cleanse and wash your face, apply a rich moisturizer before you retire to bed.
The moral of the story is, men have started to take their looks and styles quite seriously in the recent times. The effect is really positive, - a renewed self-confidence and outlook towards life. It is about looking good without any fear of losing the masculinity.