Light Angel Biscuits Ingredients
- Yeast: 25 gms
- Warm water: 1 cup
- Warm buttermilk: 2 cups
- Refined flour: 5 cups
- White sugar: ¼ cup
- Baking powder: 2 tsp
- Baking soda: 1 tsp
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Butter : ¾ cup & 4tbsp, chilled
- Melted butter
Preparation Method for Light Angel Biscuits Recipe
- In a bowl dissolve yeast in the warm buttermilk and water and keep aside.
- In a large bowl sift flour, baking soda and powder and salt.
- Mix in chilled butter and rub till mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add yeast and buttermilk to the flour and lightly mix till a soft dough is formed
- Remove dough onto a floured surface. Turn over a few times, roll into ½ inch circle and cut with a cookie cutter into desired shapes and cover with a moist cloth and let stand for half an hour.
- Place on a baking tray and place in a preheated oven at 175 degrees Celsius and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Brush the tops of the cookies with melted butter while still hot and serve.