Kombucha is a health drink prepared by the fermentation of tea mixed with sugar. It tastes like gassy apple cider and champagne, depending on the kind of tea you opted for. There are some medicinal benefits of this type of tea.
A few of the benefits that are highly popular and established include:
1. It eliminates all the unwanted wrinkles from the face and helps in getting rid of the brown and black spots which generally appear on the hands.
2. It prevents from a few types of cancer. It is a truth that the inhabitants of Manchuria have never witnessed any cases of cancer as they prefer to consume this tea on daily basis. It is the same place from where Manchurian mushroom tea (kombucha) kick started its journey.
3. It is helpful in getting rid of constipation.
4. It helps in some severe medical conditions like asthma, bronchitis, and cough. In addition, it also saves children from phlegm.
5. It is good in soothing muscular pains and aches.
6. It prevents allergies.
7. It is mostly recommended to the kidney patients.
8. It is helpful for cataracts and several other types of formations at the cornea.
9. It cleanses the gall bladder and stops nervous stomach and colitis.
10. It helps in lowering the cholesterol level and softens the veins.
11. It can entirely inhibit the continuity of infectious diarrhea.
12. It helps in burning fat leading to weight loss.
13. It is good for insomnia condition.
14. It helps the liver to catapult its functioning.
15. It drops the glucose level to normal offering relief to patients with diabetics. It can eliminate urea in 100 days if consumed on regular basis.
16. It is good for proper functioning of digestive system.
The normal dosage is 4-8 ounce regularly. It is recommended to start with a small dose if you are new to this tea.
A few mostly witnessed side effects of kombucha include:
Serious side effects of Kombucha is poisoning as stated by the Brent Bauer, M.D., of the Mayo Clinic.
Due to the acid components of Kombucha, metabolic acidosis is often found as severe side effect which may elevate the acidity of the blood and result in stroke or even death.
It may often lead to stomach upset and allergic reactions. These allergic reactions could be rashes, swelling and nausea.
Liver damage is also reported by the American Cancer Society as a side effect which may lead to anthrax of the skin and yellowing of the eyes and skin.