Stones are usually found in the kidneys or the urinary tract and are quite common in middle age. The stones may be fine particles, or like sand or small to even big stones and are formed by the chemicals in the urine such as uric acid, oxalic acid, calcium and phosphorous. The stones begin to form when concentration of a particular chemical is more than it is soluble in urine. This may happen either due to dehydration, some infection or deficiency of vitamin A or hyper activity of the parathyroid gland. These stones settle in the urinary tack and cause pain, severe at times as the stone tries to move, even causing rupture of the internal lining. Untreated kidney stones cause renal failure.
About Kidney Stones Natural Remedies
Natural remedies treat a condition in the body’s natural manner without introducing chemicals or artificial substances. Natural remedies utilize ingredients found in nature to cure a particular disease, leaving no other side effects. Natural remedies are light on the purse afford full satisfaction and guarantee a cure.
Do’s and Don’ts for Kidney Stones Home Remedies
- Increase water intake, this is the single most effective method to avoid the formation of stones. Fluid intake can be plain water, fruit juices or clear vegetable soups.
- Coconut water is effective in passing off small stones through normal fluid excretion. Coconut water helps keep the body cool and reduces accumulation of toxic substances in the body.
- Diet should be wholesome including leafy green vegetables, whole wheat grain and plenty of fruits.
- Proper rest and scheduled sleeping and waking hours prove beneficial for treatment of kidney stones.
- Regular exercise, yoga and meditation are also helpful for treating kidney stones.
- Foods rich in vitamin A like apricots, broccoli and sweet potatoes should form a part of your diet.
- Drinking lemon juice extract about a 100 ml in two liters of water during the whole day.
- Avoid milk and milk products.
- Some vegetables like cauliflower, peas, and carrots are best avoided.
- Reduce oily, spicy food as well as red meat and foods rich in proteins.
- Alcohol, pickles, chocolates, beverages should be best avoided.
- Reduce salt in your diet.
Home Remedies for Kidney Stones
- Pomegranate is the single most effective remedy for kidney stones. Take the juice of pomegranate seeds several times a day or grind its seeds to a fine paste. Cook horse gram in water and mix two tablespoons of the seed pats to this decoction and drink three times a day.
- Drink freshly prepared tomato juice mixed with a pinch of salt and pepper first thing in the morning.
- Include radish either cooked or raw in your daily diet.
- Fruits like apples, three to four taken in a day are a good remedy for kidney stones.
- Raw watermelon too is a good remedy or kidney stones.
- Figs either eaten or drinking its extract, removed after it has been boiled in water on an empty stomach is an excellent remedy for kidney stones.
- Form a solution of 60 ml lemon juice and 60 ml olive oil and drink it, follow with a large glass of water. The stone will pass out within 24 hours.
- Boil two small onions in a glass of water. Cool, blend and strain the juice and drink for three days (each day make a fresh extract).
- Mix one tsp of juice of the holy basil leaves and 1 tsp of honey. Take this early morning for five to six months.