Saucepan, Vessel to boil
Kala Chana Ghoomni Ingredients
- Besan (black gram flour)-100 grams
- Tomatoes - 3 medium
- Onion - 2
- Chopped green chillies - 2 tablespoon
- Ginger garlic paste -1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard paste - 1/2 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Cumin seeds - a tablespoon
- Carom seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala -1/4 teaspoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Salt - to taste
Preparation Method for Kala Chana Ghoomni Recipe
- In a bowl take the gram powder, one tablespoon chopped green chillies, carom seeds, 1/4 tablespoon of red chilli powder, salt and a tablespoon of oil, add some water and make a medium tight dough.
- Divide the dough to small portion and roll into a 1 inch diameter cylinders which are about 5 or 6 inches in length.
- Cook each of the besan cylinders in boiling water for about 12 minutes.
- Remove the pieces (gatte) to a clean cloth and let it cool. After cooling cut the gatte into small pieces and set aside.
- In a cooking pan, add a table spoon of oil, green chillies, asafoetida, and cumin seeds and fry till they are brown and the smell of the roasted cumin rises up.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and the mustard paste and stir cook for about a minute.
- Now, you can add finely chpped onion and sauté for a few minutes till it changes colour and then add the dices tomatoes to it, sauté again for two more minutes.
- Next you would have to add coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder and salt and sauté for a minute more.
- Add one and a half cups of water, stir and cook for 6 minutes; you will have almost cooked gravy for your Kala Chana Ghoomni.
- Now, it is time to drop in your gatte into the boiling gravy and to cook it for 4 to 5 minutes. By this time your gravy becomes thick and the gatte will have taken up the spicy flavour from your gravy.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and serve it hot with roties, nan, paratas or rice.