25 to 30 minutes
A large, heavy kadhai, Steel or wooden spoon for stirring, Sharp knife, Cutting board, Colander, Kitchen tongs.
Kadhai Paneer Ingredients
- Paneer – 500 grams
- Cloves – 2
- Sliced Onion – 2 (medium)
- Bay leaves – 2
- Ginger paste – 2 teaspoons
- Garlic paste – 2 teaspoons
- Tomatoes – 5 to 6
- Chopped fresh coriander – 1 bunch (chopped)
- Oil – 3 tablespoons
- 1” Cinnamon sticks – 2
- Red chilies (whole, dry and broken) – 2
- Red chili powder – 2 teaspoons
- Crushed coriander seeds – 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
Preparation Method for Kadhai Paneer Recipe
- Put oil in the kadhai and heat.
- Once the oil is hot enough (fumes should just begin to form), add the broken red chilies.
- Once the red chilies begin to splutter, add crushed coriander seeds, cloves and onions.
- Continue to heat on a high flame until the onions begin to brown.
- Put the bay leaves and cinnamon.
- Continue to stir the mixture for about 2 minutes.
- Let the ingredients fry until the oil begins to separate from the tomatoes.
- Add the chopped paneer, gently stirring the ingredients, taking care not to damage the paneer.
- Reduce the flame and allow simmering for about 5 minutes.
- Once the paneer is heated and seems to have imbibed the spices, turn off the heat.
- Serve steaming hot with a garnish of coriander leaves.