Dry, frizzy hair not only lowers your style quotient for also leads to hair fall and dandruff. Dry hair is caused when there is lack of moisture in your scalp. There could be several factors contributing to this - genes, pollution, weather conditions, illness, certain medicines, swimming in chlorinated water, nutritional deficiency, excessive exposure to strong chemical based hair products and other styling equipment. This article provides you some simple home remedies and tips to get rid of dry scalp and frizzy hair.
You can try the following homemade conditioners and hair masks that naturally moisturize your hair leaving it shiny and silky smooth.
1. Being a rich source of protein, EGGS are helpful in repairing dry, damaged hair by providing the necessary moisture to the scalp and hair strands. Whip three eggs and mix it with two tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of honey. Apply it on your damp hair and scalp. Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it for half an hour. Shampoo your hair thoroughly.
2. OLIVE OIL, which is abundant with Vitamin E and anti-oxidants, is one of the best serums for dry hair. It naturally conditions the hair by sealing the moisture on your hair strands. Massage your scalp and hair shafts with warm olive oil for 10-15 minutes. Keep your hair covered with a warm towel for at least half an hour. Wash your hair with shampoo and cold water.
3. BEER nourishes hair follicles and adds a smooth texture to dry, damaged hair in no time. No wonder, it is regarded as one of the best serums for dry hair. Use can apply it on your hair in several ways. After shampoo, apply some beer on your hair, leave it for few minutes and then rinse off with cold water. You can also mix beer with shampoo and conditioner in equal proportion. Apply the mix on your hair and wash it off after 4-5 minutes.
4. AVOCADO is widely used to make one of the effective homemade hair masks. Peel and mash one ripe avocado and add two tablespoons of olive oil to make a smooth paste. In place of olive oil, you can also add curd or mayonnaise. Shampoo your hair and apply the paste thoroughly covering the entire scalp and hair shafts. Wash your hair after least 30 minutes – an hour.
5. BANANAS are used as one of the popular homemade conditioners owing to their high potassium and natural oils content and other essential nutrients such as Vitamins and carbohydrates. They make hair soft and prevent split ends. Mash one ripe banana and add two tablespoons each of honey and olive oil. Also add some curd and make a smooth paste. Apply the paste on your hair and scalp, and rinse after 30 minutes.
Most of these homemade conditioners and hair masks can be tried once or at the most twice in a week. These tips to get rid of dry scalp and hair can give you quicker results if you eat balanced diet that includes loads of fresh vegetables and fruits, nuts and fish, avoid strong hair products and heat styling, and shampoo your hair less often.