Facial masks are very effective and popular skin care product and therapy. If you have used them, do you really know why? Probably you just use them because everyone else is using it. Perhaps you've never bothered. It's time now to learn what facial masks actually do.
Why Homemade Face Mask
The outer layer of your skin is virtually dead. If your body is slow in replacing the old skin and getting new one, your skin will have a pale and aged look. Facial masks are the excellent way to discarding the dead cells that make up outer layer of your skin. But that's just one of the ways that a facial mask will benefit you.
What Homemade Face Mask Do
- A nice homemade face mask will not only enhance the look of your skin texture and you will feel healthy. It can make the texture of your skin brighter and more translucent. It can clear your skin, moisturize it, and keep your pores clear discarding toxins from your skin.
- Homemade face masks have the potential to remove dead skin cells and cleanse impurities. When you discard these, the moisturizer you apply is soaked better. It will enable to rejuvenate your skin, making it look more youthful.
- Not all masks stiff and dry but many do. That makes your skin's blood vessels to expand which stimulates the blood circulation to your skin's surface and that leaves you with a brighter and glowing skin tone.
- It takes out the oils and pollutants while taking off the mask from the face.
- It will clear your pores and discard dead skin cells, inhibiting the generation of blackheads. A cleansing makes will help you in consolidating your pores and enhancing skin texture gradually.
Wide Variety of Homemade Face Mask
Not all masks have the same results and are produced using same ingredients. Different facial masks serve different purposes. A full cleanse mask is good option for oily skin or combination skin.
There are masks for oily skin, dry skin, and combination skin. You can also find masks to cleanse, freshen and moisturize your skin. Masks are also available to remove toxins and monitor the skin conditions. There are just so many several types of masks. You can even prepare your own homemade face mask at home with the help of common ingredients found in your home i.e. honey, cucumber, lemon, oatmeal, milk and papaya to name a few.
Spa style masks are also there which use ingredients such as apricot kernel, green clay, cucumber, oats, chamomile, mushroom extracts, lavender, olive oil, tea tree, honey, fruits juices, and aloe vera.
Surgical Face Mask
A surgical face mask is meant to handle a specific problem i.e. rash, acne, or some other skin disorder including over sensitive skin. It can be facilitated to check the propagation of acne and to sooth the skin.
Homemade Face Masks
As you have known by now what homemade facial masks can be beneficial to you, it's time to incorporate a few to your skin care regime.
You can use primary components found in and around the house to make your own simple, hydrating homemade face masks. If you have acne prone skin or oily skin, the mud based or clay based face packs works great. Dry skin will get the advantages from hydrating homemade face masks containing glycerin, oils and honey. Ginseng or green tea masks are ideal homemade face masks for sensitive skin.
You should wear the homemade face masks for 10-15 minutes, and should apply a thin layer of moisturizer.
Here are a few recipes which can be of great help and will provide you good nourishment to your skin.
Egg White Face Mask (all Skin Types)
Preparation Time: 2 minutes
- 1 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon of yogurt
- Separate the egg white from an egg and place it in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoons of yogurt (avoid flavored yogurt).
- Bled it and apply to face. Leave it on for a few minutes then rinse your face in warm water.
Oatmeal and Yogurt Mask for all Skin Types
This face mask is applicable for all skin types and is extremely simple to prepare. It will cleanse and nourish your skin.
Preparation Time: 3 minutes
- 1 tablespoon finely grounded oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon organic yogurt (avoid the flavored stuff)
- Some drops of honey
- Mix the yogurt and the oatmeal in a small bowl.
- Warm a few drop of honey. For this, heat a spoon putting it in hot water for a minute, after removing it from water pour a few drops of honey on to the spoon.
- Blend the honey, yogurt and oatmeal mixture.
- Apply this mixture of mask to the face. Leave it for 10 minutes, then rinse off with splashes of warm water. Follow with a warm washcloth. Apply moisturizer on the face to conclude.
Homemade 'Cat Litter' Mask for All Skin Types
- 1 bag cat litter marked as ‘100 Percent Natural Clay'
- A few drops of your favorite oil
- Mix in a few tablespoons of the cat litter, some water and a few drops of oil. Apply mask to face. Wash off after 15 minutes.