What is Miscarriage?
Miscarriage is basically described as a state in which the fetus gets ejected before it reaches a stage of maturity or complete development. Many pregnant women are more prone to miscarriage during the first three months up to the seventh month. Miscarriage occurs because of some disturbance in a woman body.
- A miscarriage can occur because of various reasons like:
- Due to the consumption of alcohol and drugs
- Tumor in the uterus and chromosome problems can also cause miscarriage.
- Improper diet, stress, emotional shock, physical injuries or complications in the uterus.
- Diabetes and smoking can also lead to a miscarriage.
- Sickness, growing age and hormonal problems.
- Birth controlling pills if taken in excess can also cause miscarriage.
- Infection, bleeding and the presence of toxins or bacteria in the blood, tearing of the membrane are symptoms of miscarriage.
- Pain in the genital area or stomach during pregnancy can also be symptoms of miscarriage.
Home Remedies to Prevent Miscarriage
- There are many medicinal plants and herbs that help in preventing miscarriage and any type of uterus infection. These not only prevent miscarriage but also give internal strength. Herbal medicines should be taken under a doctor’s supervision.
- Ginger tea is of the best home remedy that can be taken during pregnancy. A cup of ginger tea will prevent you from vomiting and is very safe. It would not lead to any complications and prevents miscarriage.
- A herbal root known as false unicorn is rich in medicinal properties. This prevents miscarriage, labor pain, weakness and infertility. Other than this, this root also helps in treating cramps, fibroids and thyroid problems.
- The squaw herb when mixed with tea is very good during pregnancy as it prevents uterine infections and miscarriage.
- Take a glass of water and a teaspoon of false unicorn herb. Boil this mixture for 4-5 minutes, cool and drink it. One of the best home remedies to prevent miscarriage.
- Red raspberry herb is also very beneficial to prevent miscarriage.
- Other herbs like true unicorn root, cramp bark and black haw bark are also very good herbs to prevent miscarriage.
- Cramp bark, a herb helps in preventing miscarriage and muscular contraction.
Do’s and Don’ts for Miscarriage
- Other than taking the above home remedies, there are a few do’s and don’ts that you need to consider to prevent miscarriage.
- Do not eat food that can worsen pitta. This leads to digestion problems and constipation. Constipation is a common problem during pregnancy.
- Intake of foods that may increase the heat in the body should be avoided during pregnancy. Foods like lobsters, prawns, crabs, sharks and shellfish should be avoided.
- Papaya and pineapple should be avoided as they increase the heat in the body. These are very harmful for the fetus.
- Watermelons, apples and oranges should be taken during pregnancy, but remember anything in excess is harmful during pregnancy.
- Outside food should be avoided during pregnancy. A pregnant woman should drink boiled water and eat homemade food.
- Keeping your mind calm and avoiding stress can prevent miscarriage.
- Do not smoke or consume alcohol, coffee or refined sugar as this may cause a miscarriage.