Everybody gives a lot of thought to vanity and justifiably so. Every human being likes to look good and feel good about himself. Although beauty is said to be skin deep one cannot argue that it plays a huge role even otherwise. Moreover it’s not just an issue related to and ending at appearance. Healthy skin has a huge positive effect on the personality of a person. It boosts their self confidence. Healthy skin is a topic not just related to beauty products as well. To understand this concept one has to know that skin can get afflictions other than dark spots and other common complaints.
• The skin covering the human body is the largest organ of the body in general. It is also the most exposed organ of the body. There are many afflictions which present themselves and if proper care is taken it can be brought under control and even be gotten rid of.
• Acne, rashes etc are some examples of such afflictions. Acne is usually seen in teenagers due to hormonal imbalance but is also a sign of unhealthy skin in a person who has gone through this phase. It occurs usually when proper care is not taken. If any part of the body is not kept clean and washed regularly then a lot of dirt gets accumulated clogging the pores of the skin. Also skin has glands which secrete oil and when not washed properly this oil coupled with the dirt can cause acne.
• In some cases this acne proceeds to increase, leading to a lot of problems. Personal hygiene is also extremely important and if these high standards of hygiene are not maintained then people have to face a lot of skin related diseases like infections and rashes etc. A rash or a skin infection in simple words means inflammation of the skin. Some examples of skin rashes are ring worms, eczema etc. These skin rashes can spread from one person to another and most of them generally are contagious.
• These rashes also increase in severity in case of improper hygiene. Any person who gets out of house is exposed to external elements which harm the skin. These elements can be dust, pollution, UV rays etc.
• One of the first and main things to do in order to attain healthy and glowing skin is to maintain high standards of personal hygiene. Rashes usually occur in places where sweat and dirt might get accumulated over time and it is important to keep these places clean. This keeps the skin inflammation at bay.
• Another thing to keep in mind is maintaining a healthy and balanced diet. People always underestimate the role of food when it comes to healthy skin. If people tend to eat a lot of junk food and follow an unhealthy diet then it shows negatively on the skin. Many people have reported that they have overcome problems such as oily skin, acne etc after following a healthy diet.
• Skin like any other organ needs maintenance. In fact with some diligence it is the easiest organ to maintain. In different seasons the skin is affected by external climatic conditions. In summer the skin is exposed to extreme heat and if the weather is humid then a lot of sweat as well. Skin gets dehydrated in such conditions and it is vital to replenish it by washing the face regularly.
• During winter, the scenario is exactly opposite as the skin is exposed to a colder environment. In this case too it is important to apply cold cream or a body lotion not just on the face but to the entire body as well. In these ways one can get a healthy glow on the skin.