About Head Lice
Some of Head Lice Symptoms
- Head lice are an irritating common problem.
- They are ectoparasites.
- They exist on human hair. Lice can make roots of weak hair.
- It can cause hair loss.
- Many people suffer from fever in extreme cases.
- It is really important to get rid of these parasites as soon as possible.
- There are many shampoos and lotions that are available in the market that will make sure that lice are removed completely and they are effective also because they contain harsh chemicals.
- These harsh chemicals work as poison for head lice.
- These chemicals also make harm to our head skin and if it get flows to our eyes it really gives a very uneasy feeling.
- And it is harmful for eyes also.
- If it is harmful for us then, think about our kids.
- They are more sensitive then us.
- Before using anything on your or your child’s head make sure that it is lice or anything else.
- You can make few things at home to get rid of this problem as home remedies are mostly effective and harmless.
Natural Remedies for Head Lice
- Apply onion juice on the scalp and massage it in the roots of hair. Leave for few hours. It will give you relief from lice.
- Chop apple and massage strongly on the scalp. Leave for 20 to 25 minutes. Repeat this for 4 to 5 days. It is good for getting rid of head lice.
- Take six teaspoon of clear water and two teaspoon of vinegar. Apply it with cotton on the roots of the hair at night. Wash it in the morning.
- Grind garlic and mix lemon juices apply it on the scalp. Leave for some time and wash off.
- Apply paste of custard apple and leave it overnight. Wash it in the morning.
Dos of Head Lice
- Kids under two years should not be treated with harsh and harmful shampoos.
- Keep cleaning and washing clothes with warm water that are used by person who has head lice.
- Get clothes dry-cleaned that are not washable by machine.
- Wash all head accessories in medicated shampoos or hot water for about an hour.
- Use fine comb on wet hair as it is the best remedy to get rid of head lice and it is least harmful.
Don’ts of Head Lice
- Do not use hair dryer after using any hair treatment as it can contain some inflammable substances.
- Do not use any other shampoo or lotion with lice treatment. It will reduce the effect.
- Do not wash of your kids’ hair for 2 days in order to keep the effect of treatment.
- Hair treatment should not be used more than three times. If you are not getting relief you can take help of your medical advisor.
- No need to mix two or three head lice medication together at one time. It can harm you and your child.
- Try to avoid head to head contact with the person having lice.
- Do not use infected person’s head accessories.