A deep vessel for boiling, two large bowls, a deep frying pan, a wide flat pan for the sauce.
Gobi Manchuria Ingredients
- Gobi: 1 large, cleaned and separated into florets
- Ginger: 2 tsps, finely minced
- Garlic: 1 tbsps, finely sliced
- Refined flour: 3 tbsps
- Corn flour: 2 tsps
- Red chili powder: 1 tsp
- White pepper powder: ½ tsp
- Soya sauce: 1 tsp
- Vinegar: 1 tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Ajinomoto: a pinch
- Onion: 1 medium sized, diced
- Green capsicum: 1 small, diced
- Green chili: 2 cut into halves
- Ginger garlic paste: 2 tsp
- Green spring onions: ½ cup, finely chopped
- Soya sauce: 1 tbsps
- Chili garlic sauce: 2 tbsps
- Tomato sauce: 3 tbsps
- Salt: to taste
- Vegetable oil: as per requirement
Preparation Method for Gobi Manchuria Recipe
- Heat water in a deep vessel; add salt, put in the cleaned Gobi florets. Let boil for 3 minutes, remove from heat, drain the water and keep the florets aside.
- In a large bowl mix the refined flour, corn flour, salt, red chili powder, ginger garlic paste, vinegar, soy sauce, and a pinch of ajinomoto. Make a thick paste and toss the Gobi florets in it. Mix well to coat the florets thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan; fry the coated florets till golden brown. Drain excess oil on a paper towel and keep aside.
- Take wide pan, heat 3 tbsps of oil, sauté the onions, capsicum, minced ginger-garlic and green chili for a few minutes. Add the soy sauce, tomato sauce, chili garlic sauce and salt fry for a few more minutes.
- Add the fried Gobi florets and simmer on low heat till the masala is dry. Now add the chopped green spring onions and fry for a few more minutes. Gobi Manchuria is ready.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with noodles or fried rice.