Open mouth vessel, Thick bottom vessel for cooking, Some bowls
Gatte Ki Sabzi Ingredients
- Gram flour: 400 gms
- Coriander powder: 2 tsp
- Ghee: 4 tbsps
- Yoghurt: 300 gms
- Red chili powder: 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder: ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Asafetida: a pinch
- Oil: 4 tbsps
- Salt: to taste
- Coriander leaves: ½ cup
Preparation Method for Gatte Ki Sabzi Recipe
- Sieve gram flour. Add red chili powder, salt and coriander powder and melted ghee. Mix well to form firm dough.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut into thin strips. Set aside.
- Boil water in a vessel and slide the flour strips in to the boiling water. Continue boiling till the strips are cooked.
- Remove from water, drain and cut in to pieces.
- Whisk curd till smooth, add red chili powder, salt, coriander powder, asafetida and turmeric to the curd. Whisk again till the mixture is smooth.
- Heat oil in a vessel and add cumin seeds. When the seeds splutter, add the curd mixture.
- Add too the cut gram flour pieces.
- Let the curd mixture come to a boil, reduce heat and allow to cook on a low flame for 10 minutes.
- Gatte Ki Sabzi is ready, remove from heat and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve Gatte Ki Sabzi with bajra roti or rice.