Who does not love a clown? He is the one most loved by kids in the circus. If you want to paint your own face like a clown or put clown makeup on anyone, that is so much easy. There are basically three types of clown faces, - the classic Whiteface, the Auguste and the Tramp. For putting the Whiteface makeup, you have to paint exaggerated features on a white face; the Auguste has flesh colored face and oversized mouth and eyes. The face of the Tramp is dark and sad. The colours used for painting the different clown faces are no doubt different, but the makeup techniques are more or less the same.
Here are Some Points to Put Funny Clown Makeup:
- Study some pictures of different clowns to see the different types of the faces. This will be of real help in your makeup and will help you in deciding what colours to choose.
- After that, study the face you want to put clown makeup on. Have a look at your best features and determine what and how to highlight. A different clown makeup may suit different persons. What may look good and funny on you may not look so on someone else.
- Before you start applying makeup, cleanse your face, wash and pat dry.
- Wrap a large towel on yourself. You will be playing with a lot of colours. Of course you don’t want to get those makeup and colours all over yourself as you prepare your face.
- At first, start with the first layer of makeup. Don’t try to do everything at once. Go slow. Start with the lightest colour at first. If you want to paint your whole face white, paint your face first. Use your fingers to put the colour on your face.
- After that paint your eyebrows arched, make your lips exaggerated and paint those cheeks rosy. Set each paint with some thin coat of baby powder. The best thing to do that is, looking at the ceiling and puffing some powder in the air. It will settle on your face.
- Work with one colour at a time. Use the lightest colours first and then the darkest. When you are painting a small area, use a very small paintbrush, or a cotton swab.
- If you want to put a wig, be sure that it looks funny, but not too weird.
- You can attach a red ball on your nose. If you don’t want to do so, simply paint the tip of your nose red.
- You can paint a teardrop or star on your face. That will add some philosophical element on the otherwise funny face.
- Remember, you should not put colours on top of each other. If you are going to paint your cheeks red, it is better to keep them bare and not to apply the white paint when you are painting your whole face white.
- Let each colour dry before you apply the other. This will prevent the wet colours from running into each other and creating a mess.
- After you are done with clowning around, never forget to remove your clown makeup with a baby shampoo or baby wash. It is better if you apply twice. You have used a lot of colour on yourself and that will need a careful cleaning.
Clown makeup is about fun and only fun. You can exhibit a myriad of different looks and experiment. However, the basic styles remain the same.