Loaf pan, 2 large mixing bowls, Electric or hand whisk, Rubber spatula, Large wooden spoon, Cutting board, Sharp knife, Wire rack
Festive Christmas Bread Ingredients
- All-purpose flour – 1¾ cups
- Brown sugar – 2/3 cups
- Eggs – 2
- Butter – 1/3 cup
- Chopped nuts – ½ cup
- Maraschino cherries – 1 cup
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoons
Preparation Method for Festive Christmas Bread Recipe
- Grease the loaf pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (gas mark 4)
- Drain the cherries, keeping aside 4 tablespoons of juice.
- In the large mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients like baking powder, flour and salt.
- In the other mixing bowl, mix the butter, eggs, sugar and the cherry juice which you have kept aside.
- Fold in the chopped nuts and cherries.
- Put the batter into a loaf pan ensuring that it is spread evenly.
- Bake the bread for about 45 minute or until it starts to brown.
- Remove from the pan from the oven and the bread from the baking pan.
- Place the loaf on a wire rack and allow cooling for at least 15 minutes before serving.