There are many makeup products available in the market that can enhance your beauty. One such makeup product is mascara which is important to define your eyes. Mascara is available in two basic colors, Black and brown but now day’s even translucent mascara is also available. Mascara helps in giving volume and length to your eyelashes. It also helps in highlighting your eyes which gives a bold look. Below are a few tips that can make it easier in applying mascara.
Tips to Apply Eye Mascara
- Mascaras are available in various brands in the market. Among all these, you need to choose which one would suit you better and is good for your eye lashes.
- Different types of mascaras are available for different purposes like thickening, conditioning, lengthening, long-wearing and waterproof.
- Applying mascara also depends on different occasions, like during day you would prefer mascara that adds length but for night you would want to go for thickening or long wearing mascara.
- For women who have red or blond eyelashes should go for brown mascara, while women with dark eyelashes can go for brown mascara for a regular look and black for a dramatic look.
- If you want to add a prominent look to your eyes, curl your eyes with an eyelash curler. Then after applying your regular makeup, coat your eyelashes with lots of mascara. This will definitely give a bold look to your eyes.
- Before applying mascara, you need to first remove the mascara stick in one pull. This is done to avoid the air from getting into the bottle as it will dry the liquid and there are more chances of bacteria getting into it. This would make it a little unhygienic for your eyes.
- There is a way of applying mascara. Once you have the mascara stick, start the movement from below your eyelashes gradually moving upwards. The brush has to move in an upward direction. The mascara stick should be held in the same level as your eye. As you apply, roll the brush in an upward stroke so that you can separate your eyelashes.
- Never be in a hurry when applying mascara as you may tend to smudge it. After applying the first coat, allow it to dry and then apply the second coat.
- If your eyelashes are wet, you can use an eyelash comb to separate them. After applying mascara use a tissue paper to remove the excess mascara from your lashes.
- When applying mascara on your lower eyelashes, use just a little of it. Apply mascara on the rim of the eyelid and move in a downward direction.
- After you’re done, with a soft makeup sponge remove the any excess mascara around your eyes. Do not rub it but gentle dab around the eye.