Exercising during pregnancy is good because it improves your muscle strength and endurance, and prepares you for the hard labor required both during and after child birth. It is always advisable to consult your doctor to decide on the best kinds of exercise for pregnancy.
Source : wikimedia
In the following section, we are providing a list of some very effective exercises that you may try during your pregnancy:
1. Brisk walking is one of the safest physical activities that you can continue throughout your pregnancy. It keeps your heart healthy and builds your stamina. Brisk walking for at least 30 minutes, 5-6 times a week is ideal.
2. Running while pregnant is good for your body and heart. However, if you have weaker knees or never ran before, it should be avoided during pregnancy.
3. Swimming is also a safe form of exercise during pregnancy. Besides exercising your arms, legs, heart and lungs, it supports your bump and eases your back pain and swelling in feet.
4. Lifting weights while pregnant is also a good exercise provided your regular exercise regime already included weight training. However, you need to be very cautious as there could be chances of causing overheating your body or injury. Use light weights and also cut down on the regime as you approach the end of your pregnancy.
5. Antenatal pilates are specifically designed to target muscles in your tummy and pelvic floor that can weaken during pregnancy. In addition, pilates are good for breathing and relaxation.
Exercising during pregnancy is a good habit. It will not only build up your stamina but also make you feel good from inside. Unless there are complications and your doctor advises otherwise, you should continue exercising. Also, it is important to remember that the level and intensity of the best kinds of exercise depends on your pre-pregnancy fitness level.