Typical engagement party etiquette does not necessitate the guests to bring engagement party gifts with them. However, as the party has become the more common way of couples announcing their engagement, it is becoming more common to carry engagement gifts for the couple. However, this does not mean that the party host is obligated to give out engagement party favors.
Unlike the wedding gifts, which are usually picked from the couple’s wedding registry, engagement party gifts need not be something that the couple would need for their home or for their marriage. Gifts that you would carry for the host for a dinner party would still qualify in this case. It is just a way of showing your support, joy and thanks to the couple for their decision to stay committed and for sharing that information with you through this party.
Popular Engagement Party Gift Ideas
- Usually, guests are not expected to bring expensive gifts to these parties, as they are occasions of just announcing and sharing the joy. Some of the popular ideas for engagement party gifts are as follows:
- You can bring a bottle of champagne or wine accompanied by monogrammed wine opener or a pair of nice wine glasses. Bar accessories are also popular choices for gifts.
- An elaborate wedding planner (not a person but a software or book) or an organizer would be an ideal gift that would come in very handy.
- Digital picture frames are becoming popular gifts for engaged couples.
- If you know the couple personally, you could find many personalized gifts on many websites online. They can even be delivered straight to the couple.
- A countdown clock would be an interesting way to remind the couple of their upcoming D-day. A similar gift would be a personalized calendar bearing the photo of the couple.
Some of the personalized gift items that are widely used as engagement party gifts are,
- Photo frame
- Beverage tub
- Pillow covers
- Champagne and Fondue
- Gift certificates
- Toasting flutes
- Wine bottles
- His and Her’s cups or glasses
- Flower vase
- Monogrammed napkins, towels, and table cloth
- Bridal magazines
- Engagement cards
You could come up with many such simple ideas for engagement party gifts. As this is not a formal event requiring you to stick to particular gifting etiquette, any thoughtful deed would be appreciated whole-heartedly.
Wedding Related Articles