Large mixing bowl, Egg whisk, Cutting board, Sharp knife, Large saucepan with a lid
Quick And Easy
Egg Foo Yung Ingredients
- Large eggs – 8
- Cooked shrimp (peeled and chopped) – 6 ounces
- Fresh shiitake mushrooms (sliced) – ¼ pound
- Fresh bean sprouts – 1 cup
- Reduced-sodium chicken broth – ½ cup
- Soy sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Oyster sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Ketchup – 1 tablespoon
- Distilled white vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- Cornstarch – 1 teaspoon
- Scallions – 1 bunch
- Asian sesame oil – 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
Preparation Method for Egg Foo Yung Recipe
- Take a large saucepan.
- Add ketchup, soy sauce, chicken broth, cornstarch, vinegar, and salt.
- Heat the mixture until it boils.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, remove and put aside.
- Chop the scallions and separate the whit and green parts
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl salt pepper and sesame oil (1/4 teaspoon)
- Sauté the mushrooms, white scallions and sprouts in vegetable oil and salt in a saucepan for about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs in the saucepan and stir to spread the ingredients evenly.
- Cover the saucepan and cook for about 3 minutes or until the eggs set.
- Remove the egg and place on a plate.
- Serve hot with a sprinkling of green scallions and sauce in the side.