Regular kitchen utensils, Microwave/oven.
Easter Hot Cross Muffins Ingredients
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon clove (optional)
- 1/2 cup candied peel
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1 egg
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Glaze:
- 1 1/4 cups sifted icing sugar
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
Preparation Method for Easter Hot Cross Muffins Recipe
- For preparing Easter Hot Cross Muffins, first preheat the oven to350°F.
- In the meanwhile, put the raisins in a bowl and soak them in the orange juice. Put it in the microwave for 1 minute and then, set aside.
- Make a 12-cup muffin tray ready by greasing it.
- In a large bowl, pour the flour, and add the sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, salt and cloves.
- Also mix the raisin mixture, candied peel and apricots in it. Blend all the ingredients together carefully.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg with milk, oil, butter and vanilla.
- Now, pour it on the mixture of the flour and stir until just mixed. It is better if the mixture is a little lumpy.
- Pour into the muffin caps and put to bake. It will take almost 20 to 25 minutes for the muffins to get baked.
- For the glaze, stir the sifted icing sugar with orange juice until it gets absolutely smooth and then drizzle or spoon them over the muffins.
- Cool in the wire rack and store the muffins in an airtight container.
- In the room temperature, you can store the muffins up to three days while you can store them for two months if you refrigerate them.