Earache is the cause of infection in the ear area. Usually the middle portion of the ear is filled with air. Sometimes some fluid or mucus gets accumulated in that area. Then the ear gets infected and this leads to earache.
Following are some of the Reasons of Earache
- Blockage of Eustachian tube
- Tooth infection
- Objects jammed inside the ear
- Injury of the eardrum
Instead of rushing to the hospital after having pain in the ear, it is better to know some earache home remedies. The treatments are simple and they can give you instant relief.
Home Remedies For Earache
- Dip a towel in warm water. Wring the towel. Put that warm, moist towel around the ear.
- After taking bath, blow the warm air of a hairdryer into the ear.
- Pierce a piece of garlic and pour few drops of juice in the ear. Natural antibiotic property of the garlic will take the pain away.
- Chew one or two cloves of raw garlic every day. It will kill the bacteria inside your ear.
- Put on earplugs before going for swimming. Do not swim in unclean water.
- Put two to three drops of warm olive oil in each ear.
- Putting few drops of mineral oil in the ear is helpful to get rid of the pain.
- Putting a capful of hydrogen peroxide in each ear can reduce the pain. But drain it out after two to three minutes. The chemical clears the excess earwax.
- After having bath, you can put one drop of alcohol in the ear. It can give you relief from excess earwax.
- Wrap a hot water bottle in a towel. Make a pillow out of it. Place the aching ear on that pillow.
- You can put cotton in the opening of the ear, if you are facing problems in the wind. But do not push the cotton inside so that you can easily remove that by your fingers.
- Often ears pain while the pressure changes during taking off and landing of the airplane flights. To solve the problem simply chew gums. Swallowing your own saliva will also help you in sending air to the inner ears.
- If a bug is bothering you by entering inside the ear, put few drops of oil inside the ear. If the bug is alive it will come outside. Otherwise it will die inside the ear and you can take it out afterward.
- Mash a few basil leaves and take out the juice. Apply two drops of that juice inside the aching ear.
- Boil three to four cloves of garlic in a little amount of water. Crush them and add a pinch of salt. Make a poultice wrapped in a woolen cloth and place that on the aching ear.