Pressure cooker, saucepan, spatula
Quick And Easy
Doodhi Chana Ingredients
- 1 calabash gourd, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup split chana dal (Bengal gram)
- 1 teaspoon crushed turmeric
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 dried red chile, broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon crushed fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper, powder
- 3 cups water
- Salt to taste
Preparation Method for Doodhi Chana Recipe
- Combine the chana dal, calabash, turmeric and water in a pressure cooker. Close the pressure cooker and cook for about 20 minutes at high pressure.
- Reduce the flame of the burner and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove the cooker from the flame and allow the steam to release naturally.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large saucepan. Stir the cumin seeds and red chile peppers until the cumin seeds begin to splutter.
- Then add the ginger and garlic into the saucepan and cook them for 1 minute more.
- Stir the chana dal & calabash mixture, red pepper powder, salt and sugar into the saucepan. Boil the mixture, then reduce the flame and cook for another 5 minutes, before serving.