A thick bottomed vessel, a pressure pan, and wooden ladle
Doodhachi Kheer Ingredients
- Fresh full cream milk: 2 litres + 1 cup
- Long grained rice: 1 cup
- Sugar: ½ kg or less as per taste
- Cardamom: 6 gms
- Almonds: 10 gms
- Pistachios: 10 gms
- Khoya: 200 gms
- Saffron: a few strands
Preparation Method for Doodhachi Kheer Recipe
- Wash, clean and soak the rice for 15 minutes.
- Soak almonds, pistachios in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Cook the rice in a pressure pan with the one cup milk and 4 seeded cardamoms.
- Ensure that the flame is low and milk does not escape from the whistle.
- Cook for another 15 minutes on a low flame.
- Meanwhile boil milk in the thick bottomed pan, let it come to boil. And reduce flame and allow to simmer.
- Open the lid of the pressure pan and allow rice to cool, and then blend to a grainy paste in the blender along with the crumbled khoya.
- Add the blended rice and milk paste to the simmering milk, taking care to keep stirring to avoid lumps forming.
- Deseed the remaining cardamom, powder it and add to the cooking Doodhachi Kheer.
- Continue cooking on low flame, till the mixture thickens, add sugar and saffron and continue cooking.
- Keep cooking till the mixture thickens again.
- Finally add the slivered almonds and pistachios.
- Remove from heat and serve the Doodhachi Kheer when cooled.