Light meals & snacks
Mixing Bowl, Skillet, Spoons.
Deep Fried Onions With Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 2 medium (or 1 large) sweet onions, sliced ½-inch thick
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups crushed potato chips (kettle-cooked chips, if available)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons horseradish
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash ground black pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
Preparation Method for Deep Fried Onions With Dipping Sauce Recipe
Deep fried onions and dipping sauce is a pretty easy dish to prepare. There are how ever to parts in preparing the dish completely. One part you will be preparing the deep fried onions and the other part you prepare the dipping sauce. Let’s start with the dipping sauce.
- Mix all the ingredients which are mentioned under the dipping sauce and mix well.
- Check if it tastes good and do the necessary repairs and refrigerate the sauce.
- For the deep fried onions, take a large bowl and mix flour, salt, black pepper and cayenne.
- In bowl mix buttermilk, egg and a little more flour and make it into a smooth batter.
- Now heat oil in a skillet and make it ready for deep fry. Take the onion rings and dip them into both the bowls one after the other and deep fry in the skillet.
- Fry the onion rings till they turn into golden brown. Drain the oil from the onion rings and serve them with dipping sauce.
If you like having your onion rings crispier then fry them for a little while more.