Christmas is not only the time to warm up your soul and exchange gifts, it is also the time to look your best. It is the time to add the festive glow to your look as well. Here are some makeup tips for you this Christmas:
- Traditional and cheery or wintry and ethereal – you can always choose your look. It is never wrong if you play it the traditional way. Champagne and gold shades always looked good with red or mauve lipsticks and they will continue to look so. Pep up the look a bit more with smoky eyes at night and you are ready for a blustery time.
- Apply some mid grey/plum/taupe eye shadow when you are going for that smoky look. You are never going to get wrong.
- Don’t try the Goth girl heavy eyed look this Christmas. This has been already been overdone. Instead try to look different with a golden glow, caramel blusher and feline lined eyes.
- False eye lashes are in this season. You can’t be ready for a Christmas party without getting them on.
- If for you the Christmas call is loud this season, go with a deep red lip and tons of mascara. Electric shades can also bring in the required magic. If you are feeling adventurous, go for orange reds and bold raspberry fuchsias. You are certainly going to be the belle of the party.
- You can opt for a glamorous and shinier look with eye shadows and face highlighters with fine brocade and shiny particles. This will give you an ultra-chic burnished look.
- Always try to get the foundation that matches your skin tone, neither a shade lighter nor a shade darker can create the desired effect. The blusher should also be of the similar tone.
- Always try to highlight the natural beauty of your eyes. This can be best done with soft shimmery eye shadows and eye liner. After you have used your mascara to define the eyelashes, immediately use a clean mascara brush on the lashes.
- If you are going for an overnight Christmas party, don’t forget to carry you blotting papers, concealer and your favorite lipstick along with you. You may need them to do a bit of touch-up in between.
- Glossy palm lip gloss suits almost every complexion. The best thing about them is they tend to make your lips fuller. You can always have a good time and shower of compliments with them on.
- Add that cheery and young quotient to your look with white silver shadow and pink blush. Some red or pink lipstick and highlighting cream will take care of the rest. With this simplified look, you can perk up your appearance with much more sobriety than any caked-up look.
- Remember that even if you are wearing light make up, you have to use a blusher to bring in the effect of radiance.
Christmas is the time for some really good moments and good clicks. Make sure you are always ready for the camera flash, but don’t look gaudy. Add the punch to your makeup palette with the glimmer and glitz, but at the same time, don’t forget to wear that smile and be yourself!