Flour Sift, Two Mixing Bowls, wooden spoon for mixing, hand or electric whisk, muffin trays, baking tray, oven gloves
Christmas Day Muffins Ingredients
- Plain whole meal flour – 5 ounces (175g)
- White, plain flour – 5 ounces (175g)
- Egg – 1
- Milk – 250 ml (8 fluid ounces)
- Cranberries – 6 ounces (175g)
- Vegetable oil – 2 fluid ounces (50 ml)
- Sugar, light brown – 2 ounces (50g)
- Mixed spice, ground – 1 teaspoon (5 ml)
- Icing sugar, sifted – 2 ounces (50g)
- Baking powder – 1 tablespoon (15 ml)
- Salt – ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml)
Preparation Method for Christmas Day Muffins Recipe
- Mix halved cranberries with the icing sugar.
- Take a twelve-cup muffin tin.
- Grease the muffin tin with butter.
- Alternatively you can use paper cases.
- Take the mixing bowl and both the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, mixed spice and salt.
- Make a hole in the center of the mixture.
- To the mixture add beaten egg, oil and milk dropping them into the hole.
- Blend the ingredients.
- While quickly stirring, add cranberries.
- Do not stir too much – some air pockets and cranberry lumps should be visible.
- Fill the muffin cups with the mixture to a level of about 2/3rd full.
- Place the muffin trays or trays of mixture with paper cases in an oven at mark 4 (305°F or 180°C)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place in an airy space to cool.
- Serve warm