The Equipment Which Is Used For Making Chainsoo Is Given Below.
Quick And Easy
- 1 cup: Black Gram seeds (Kali Urad whole)
- 4-5 cloves: Garlic
- 1 tsp: Cumin seeds
- 4-5: Black pepper
- 4-5: Red chillies whole
- A pinch: Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp: Dry coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp: Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp: Red chillies powder
- 1/2 tsp: Garam masala
- 1/2 cup: Oil ( preferably mustard oil)
- 3 cups: Water
- 3 tsp or to taste: Salt
Preparation Method for Chainsoo Recipe
The procedure to prepare chainsoo is very easy. By following the steps given below you can make chainsoo.
- Use a frying pan to roast some black gram without oil. You can roast them for about 3-5 minutes. You can make out the black gram is roasted when a pleasant smell of the black gram is released. Once you smell the aroma take them off the flame and grind them into fine powder.
- Now heat some oil and fry garlic cloves. Once they are brown in color add cumin seeds, red chilies, black pepper and asafetida (heeng).
- Immediately add the dal powder to the pan. Fry it for a couple of minutes and add turmeric powder, dry coriander powder, red chili powder, salt to taste and water. Let the mixture boil.
- Cook the dish with a lid covering it. When the daal becomes soft, reduce the heat and let it stay on the stove for 20-30 minutes.
- Add garam masala after the dish is cooked and garnish it with ghee and coriander leaves.