What is Cellulite
Cellulite, a very common skin ailment, is witnessed in many individuals irrespective of age and gender. Almost 95% of women are suffering with this condition, which is also dominant in obese people. Cellulite is the accumulation of fat under the skin layer that gives a bumpy and dimpled appearance on the skin. These lumpy fat accumulations are basically found in thighs, stomach, buttocks, and butt. Often the skin displays an orange peel like appearance. Such disorders begin in females after the start of puberty because of the hormonal changes in the body. Nevertheless, it does not lead to any serious disease, but it affects the appearance of the skin to a considerable extent.
Symptoms of Cellulite
- Bulges, pits, and dimples developing on the skin due to fat accumulation
- Sagging skin in the buttocks and thighs
- Wrinkled skin in a few cases.
Causes of Cellulite
- The female hormones, i.e. estrogen and progesterone are liable to the building up of cellulite. Thyroid hormones, non-adrenaline hormones and insulin are other decisive factors for this condition.
- Intake of too much of fatty foods and sweets also result in the fat deposition.
- Sometimes heredity also plays a crucial role.
- Smoking and lack of physical labor and workouts catapults the fat deposition.
Home Remedies for Cellulite
- Massaging and maintaining the body weight are the two major steps in cutting down cellulite. Opting for some simple home remedies consistently is extremely effective in the treatment of this condition.
- Massaging coconut oil on the affected areas is also quite effective in alleviating cellulite.
- Massaging the hips, thighs and buttocks affected with cellulite with almond oil, fennel oil and rosemary oil, i.e. mixing each in the ratio of 1:1:1 is also a great home remedy for Cellulite.
- A balanced diet, i.e. fusion of fresh fruits, vegetables and low calories assist in reducing the cellulite problem.
- Having a glass of water containing a mixture of two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar regularly every morning simmers down the cellulite condition. One can also add honey in it as a sweetener.
- Smoking and drinking triggers the problem of cellulite.
- Stretching exercises engaging buttocks, thighs, hips and stomach assists in burning the fat and thereby reducing the cellulite marks. In the same way, several yoga postures also enable controlling this problem.
- Horsetail plant is replete of silica that improves blood circulation and consolidates the blood vessels that ultimately reduces the cellulite problem.
- Gotu Kola herb generates fibrous connective tissue and cut down the quantity of collagen from the cellulite affected parts.
- It is advisable to avoid junk and fried foods, which may stimulate the condition.
- Excessive salt in the diet must be checked to ward off the water retention in the body.
Some other Home Remedies
- One of the ideal home remedies for cellulite is trying cellulite massage oil. Just ensure that you administer the oil at least twice a day and ensure not to skip this routine. After applying this oil you will observe firmer and smoother skin. You're going to need three things:
Juniper Berry Oil
- The preparation of these is very simple. Simply take 2 tablespoons of almond oil add five drops of geranium oil and five drops juniper berry oil and blend them together. Then use this oil to massage your affected areas. Let your skin absorb the oil by massaging it in a circular motion applying enough pressure so that it appears and feels like a massage.
- You can also use coffee grounds also as cellulite home remedies. Coffee, when applied externally, draw blood to your skin and catapults blood circulation. If you apply coffee to your affected areas you will observe your skin getting tighter and smoother. Just be careful and don’t apply coffee if you're sensitive to caffeine. Your body will absorb it and offer you a buzz. If you're not comfortable with using it, it can appear to be quite a shock to your system.
- Other method is also extremely simple but it can leave you virtually messy. All you have to do is take warm coffee grounds and massage them into your affected area. Leave them on there for almost 15-20 minutes and then wash them off your skin.
- You can also combine these two remedies to get rid of cellulite problem. For instance you can take the oil mixture and blend it with the coffee grounds to form a paste like substance and it is a bit less messy.
These home remedies really work but they are often messy and inconvenient but these are easier and offer instant results.