Obesity is a problem causing overweight in body parts. This happens when we consume more calories in our body than required. These calories keep on accumulating in our body and form a fat resulting in over weight than it is required. This overweight is first seen around the mid portion of the body, form the bulge, then acquire the whole body. It is really very easy to increase weight, but when it comes on the topic of controlling then it becomes very difficult.
Many fitness centres have been opened, challenging to control obesity but they could not prove themselves to a great extent. Many methods and treatments have been discovered to control obesity but they are of no significance. It is not only a problem of adults but youngsters are also getting affected.
- Hereditary:-Many people carry obesity from their parents and so they carry this disease from generation to generation. A person can easily carry blood pressure, diabetes and other diseases from their parents and their grandparents.
- Physical exercise:-In today’s world, time has become a very important factor. People don’t have time to do exercise. They have time for everything but don’t able to take out time for their own body. As a result they don’t feel fit and accumulation of fats take place in the body resulting obesity. It is also found in children because in today’s generation children are more prone towards indoor games as compared to outdoors games.
- Lifestyle;-Shopping, eating, movies, working in front of computer etc are the causes of obesity. Person with prosperity will naturally spend money on these items in order to maintain lifestyle. Going out for shopping and then eating junk food or fast food all lead to obesity.
- Lack of time:-Due to lack of time or change in lifestyle causes obesity, as women who used to stay at home, preparing healthy food for family members are going out for work. Therefore, because of time shortage they prepare those food which are easy to prepare or make packed or junk food which is very unhealthy for body. Now people themselves are more inclined towards junk or fast food instead of fruits, vegetables or high fibre food.
- Habits of eating:-It plays a very important role of increasing obesity. Many people have a habit of eating food even when they are not feeling hungry. As a result they consume more calories than required. Some of them have a habit of eating fast without chewing it properly as a result they eat more food.
- Depression:-Depression may be a big factor of causing this disease. A person with depression or hyper tension eats a lot. It is because few hormones may secrete in a body during depression or hyper tension which may encourage eating. There may be craving for food in order to remove depression. Some people eat chocolates, ice-cream and other fatty things during this time.
- Accident or any injury causing increase in diet:-Any person causing head injury may also become a victim of obesity. In this injury, person is not being able to control his appetite; therefore, he is always hungry leading to obesity.
Obesity is very dangerous as it brings many problems along with it. Person may suffer from many diseases because of obesity. Thyroid, blood pressure cancer, and pain on joints, sleepless nights etc are the bad consequences of obesity. It is difficult to control it but not impossible. Only patience and perseverance is required to control obesity.