Light meals & snacks
Baking sheets, Waxed paper, Shallow bowl, Large saucepan, Medium spoon for stirring, Toothpicks
Caramel Marshmallow Treats Ingredients
- Large marshmallows – 1 packet (about 15 ounces)
- Crisp rice cereal – 5 cups
- Butter (cubed) – 1 cup
- Condensed milk – 1 can
- Caramels – 1 packet (about 12 ounces)
- Vanilla extract – ½ teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder – 1 teaspoon
Preparation Method for Caramel Marshmallow Treats Recipe
- Place the baking sheets on a flat surface like the counter or tabletop.
- Line them with waxed paper and put aside.
- Using a large saucepan, melt the milk, caramels and butter on a low heat.
- Stir continuously until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and cinnamon, while continuing to stir.
- Insert toothpicks into the centers of all the marshmallows.
- Dip the marshmallows in the caramel mixture while it is still warm.
- Push the bottoms of the marshmallows on the rice cereal.
- Place the marshmallows on the baking sheets.
- Let them cool until set.