Regular kitchen utensils, Microwave/oven, Muffin tray.
Caramel Easter Egg Muffins Ingredients
- 2 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 125g butter, melted, cooled
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 12 small caramel-filled Easter eggs
Preparation Method for Caramel Easter Egg Muffins Recipe
- At first, you need to preheat the oven to 180°C and arrange a 12 x 1/3-cup capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
- Now, in a large bowl, take the flour and add the butter, milk, eggs and vanilla essence. Whisk the ingredients together for making a smooth batter.
- Spoon the batter into your muffin cases and make them one-third full.
- After placing an unwrapped Easter egg into the middle of each muffin, spoon the remaining batter into each of the muffin cases.
- It will take 18 to 20 minutes for your muffins to get baked and cooked thoroughly. Check if they have turned light golden in color.
- Remove them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Please note that you should not serve your muffins hot as the caramel inside the Easter eggs of the muffins will be very hot. Also, you can substitute Easter eggs for Rolo chocolates during other occasions.