Food blender, Large mixing bowl, Large salad bowl, Wooden spoon for mixing, Chopping board, Sharp knife, Frying pans (2)
Buffalo Shrimp Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing Ingredients
For the Salad:
- Large Shrimp, shelled and de-veined – 20
- Buffalo seasoning (refer to recipe below)
- Flour – 2 tablespoons
- Mixed greens – 1 bag
- Avocado – 1
- Tomato wedges – 5
- Butter – 5 tablespoons
- Hot sauce (Louisiana or Tabasco) – 2 teaspoons
- Chopped iceberg lettuce – ¾ head
For the Cheese Dressing:
- Crumbled blue cheese – ½ pound
- Onions (Chopped) ½ cup
- Garlic (minced) – 1 teaspoon
- Egg -1
- Buttermilk – ½ cup
- Vegetable oil – 2 cups
- White pepper – 2 teaspoons
- Ground cayenne pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
Preparation Method for Buffalo Shrimp Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
Preparing the Cheese Dressing:
In a blender, blend onions, garlic and egg. With blender running, add oil slowly, then buttermilk and seasoning. Finally, add the blue cheese allowing it to mix in nicely, but leaving a few cheese lumps. Refrigerate until required.
Place the shrimp in a bowl.
- Dust with 2 teaspoons of seasoning and flour.
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan along with hot sauce.
- Mix in the left-over seasoning.
- Cook for a minute and leave to simmer.
- Deep fry the shrimp in another frying pan until golden brown.
- Add the shrimp to the hot sauce.
- Place the greens in a shallow salad bowl.
- Pour the blue cheese dressing over the greens.
- Place the shrimp and hot sauce on top of the blue cheese dressing.
- Serve while hot.
Ingredients for the Seasoning:
- Garlic powder – 1 teaspoon
- Onion powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne – ½ to 1 teaspoon
- Paprika – 2 teaspoons
- White pepper – ¾ teaspoon
- Celery salt – 1 teaspoon
Being a salad, this dish can be served along with the main course. Alternatively, it can be presented as a main course too.