Glabella is the region between the two eyebrows, just above our nose. Brow (Glabella only) hair removal is quite popular among men and women. Even though many men do not opt for shaping their eyebrows by general hair removal, they would still opt for the brow (glabella only) hair removal to get rid of unibrows.
Methods of Eyebrow Hair Removal
- The common ways of getting rid of eyebrow hair including unibrow are shaving, waxing, threading, tweezing and hair removal creams.
- Shaving: It is easy to shave the unwanted hair around the eyebrows and in the glabella by shaving, but the downside is that the resultant stubble can be unsightly.
- Waxing: There are specific wax kits, exclusive for use on the eyebrows. Only such kits can be used to remove hair from this sensitive area.
- Tweezing: Tweezing has been the most cost effective and conventional method of removing eyebrow hair. Most men and women follow this as their only eyebrow (glabella only) hair removal method due to its simplicity and convenience. While this is only a slightly painful procedure for those with shallow hair roots, for those having deep hair roots, it can be exceedingly painful.
- Creams: For a painless, less expensive treatment, hair removal creams are the best option.
- Laser: Laser treatment is a glabella only hair removal method, as it cannot be used on the eyebrows. The rest of the eyebrow can be treated using electrolysis.
Eyebrow Laser Hair Removal
- Laser treatment would help remove the glabella hair almost permanently. Usually, it might take more than one session to get rid of hair using this method. The number of sessions and in turn the cost would be based on the amount of hair, skin color and the target area. The price would change even based on your location and the reputation of the clinic.
- Laser Eyebrow (Glabella only) Hair Removal Facts
- Laser works best for you if you have dark hair and fair skin. Otherwise, you would need more sessions or your results would not be that great.
- Laser permanently reduces the hair; it does not get rid of it.
- Medical professionals with equipment approved by a FDA specialist can only administer the laser treatment.
- The average cost of laser eyebrow (glabella only) hair removal is $600. However, it would vary greatly as mentioned earlier.
- Protective goggles need to be worn while undergoing the treatment.
- Every laser session would span 15 minutes.
- After the session, there might be slight skin irritation, which would ease out in a week’s time.
- Measure your needs, calculate your budget and gauge your pain tolerance level in choosing the right method of eyebrow (glabella only) hair removal.