15 to 20 minutes
A large salad bowl, Smaller bowl for mixing the dressing, A medium-sharp knife to cut the vegetables, Cutting board, Large saucepan to boil water for blanching the broccoli, Colander, Large spoon for mixing the ingredients
Quick And Easy
Broccoli Salad Ingredients
- Broccoli florets – 1 pound
- Bacon (crumbled) – ½ cup
- Silvered almonds – ½ cup
- Red onion (chopped) – ¼ cup
- Green peas (frozen or fresh) – 1 cup
- Mayonnaise – 1 cup
- Apple cider vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Honey – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
Preparation Method for Broccoli Salad Recipe
Blanching the Broccoli
- Fill the large saucepan with water.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to the water.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Add the broccoli and boil for about a minute.
- Check for color and texture and give another minute if you feel it is required but do not boil more that 2 minutes as the broccoli will then become mushy.
- Put the broccoli in the colander and flush with cold water.
- Let it drain until no more water drips from the colander.
Preparing the Salad
- Add the solid ingredients to the salad bowl
- Mix well.
- In the smaller bowl add the vinegar, honey and mayonnaise.
- Whisk it thoroughly.
- Add this dressing to the solid ingredients and stir thoroughly with the spoon.
- Serve chilled.