Brunch, Light meals & snacks, Main course
40 - 45 Minutes
Bowls, Woks or Pans
Broccoli Beef Ingredients
For the Marinade:
- Rice vinegar (substitute rice wine if desired) - 1 table spoon
- Sugar - 1 tea spoon
- Soy sauce - 1 tea spoon
- Water - 1 tea spoon
- Cornstarch - 1 tea spoon
For the Sauce:
- Oyster sauce - 2 table spoons
- Light soy sauce - 1 table spoon
- Dark soy sauce - 1 table spoon
- Water - 1 table spoon
For the Thickener:
- Cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water - 1 tea spoon
- Fresh broccoli - 1 pound
- Garlic cloves - two numbers
To Cook Broccoli:
- Water - ½ cup
- Salt, or to taste - ¼ tea spoon to taste
- Sugar, or to taste - ½ tea spoon or to taste
Oil, or as needed - 1.25 cups
Lean beef - ¾ pound
Preparation Method for Broccoli Beef Recipe
- Cut the beef up into thin slices.
- Create the marinade base by putting in all the marinade ingredients. You will need to add the cornstarch carefully by splitting it with your fingers.
- Marinate the beef in the base for about thirty minutes.
- In the meanwhile, you can prepare the vegetables and sauce. Make the sauce by mixing the oyster sauce, the two soy sauces and some water in a bowl.
- In another bowl you can mix the cornstarch with the thickener.
- Crush garlic and cut the vegetables up.
- In a heated wok, let some oil heat. Once it is ready, add the beef. It will take two minutes to cook - once it does, remove it from the flame, and drain out the extra oil.
- Use another wok and add some oil. Stir the garlic into it and then add the vegetables with salt and sugar. Cook with water if necessary. Remove in five minutes when ready and strain.
- Now add in the beef and sauce and cornstarch mix. Cook for a few minutes and it is ready to serve with steamed rice.