Brunch, Main course
10 to 15 minutes
A large salad bowl, Cutting board, Medium-sharp knife, Potato peeler, A large spoon for mixing
Quick And Easy
Bread Salad Ingredients
- Tomato chunks – of 4 to 5 medium sized tomatoes
- Stale, crusty bread French loaf or Italian – 4 cups
- Cucumber, seeded, skinned and cut into big chunks – of 1 cucumber
- Chopped red onion – ½
- Shredded fresh basil – 1 bunch
- Olive oil – ¼ to ½ cup
- Salt and pepper – to taste
Preparation Method for Bread Salad Recipe
- Add all the solid ingredients into the salad bowl
- Drizzle olive oil on to the mixture.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Gently mix all the ingredients.
- Allow to marinate for ½ hr to 12 hrs maximum.(Do not refrigerate the salad as this tends to spoil the texture of the tomatoes).
- Serve the salad at room temperature.
Serves: 6 to 8