It is one of the embarrassing things that can happen to you when in a social gathering. There are many people who have a general tendency to have body odor. It is a disturbing smell which comes from us because of bacteria. For such people there are many home remedies with which you can easily get rid of your body odor.
Causes of Body Odor
It is not true that body odor is caused due to sweat. Ironically, bad smell from the body is not caused due to sweat as per the popular belief. There is a particular kind of bacteria which lives on human skin which causes the smell. The bacteria have the tendency to multiply faster and they are highly active when it is moist. For this very reason, one stinks when there is lot of sweat. When the body starts sweating these bacteria becomes active and produces the bad odor. Deodorants and other perfumes are like toxic and are not good for the skin. Using these kind of sprays is not advisable.
Home Remedies for Body Odor
To avoid the embarrassment of smelling bad in a gathering you should try out some of the simple home remedies. Following are many home remedies which you can try at home.
- Every day in the morning drink a glass of water which has 500gms of wheat grass in it. This should be taken on an empty stomach. The chlorophyll present in the grass will help in the removal of the bacteria from your body. This will in turn reduce the body odor. This remedy is considered the best home remedy for body odor.
- Another simple remedy to tackle body odor is to use baking soda under your armpits. Baking soda will absorb the sweat under the armpits which will help in reducing the bacteria.
- If you like having alcohol, then use a little alcohol in a mug of water and rinse your arm pits with that solution. You can also use vinegar instead of alcohol to make the solution. It gives you freshness and also it has a deodorant effect to your body. The strong smell of the solution will avoid any bad odor.
- One of the simplest home remedies for body odor is rose water. Add some in the water you are taking bath with. The rose water will help you smell fresh for a long time after your bath.
- Cider vinegar is also used to reduce the body odor and pH value of the skin. Similar to the usage of alcohol for body odor, use cider vinegar in a mug of water and rinse your armpits.
- Popular home remedy for body odor is to mix around 10 drops of essential oils to 30 ml of water and use it under your armpits. This is also a natural remedy to avoid body odor. This can be your home made perfume.
- Taking bath regularly is the most used trick to avoid body odor. Take bath 2-3 times a day in summer especially. As you tend to sweat more in summer you should take bath more in a day and wash away the bacteria growing in your sweat.
- Use tea tree oil which is available in mostly everyone’s home. Add around 3-4 drops of tea tree oil in an ounce of water and use the solution under your armpits. This is a simple home remedy by which you can avoid body odor.