Knife, medium size, Cutting board, Mixing bowl, Colander for washing and draining, Large spoon for mixing, Masher, Small spoon for scooping the bitter melons.
Quick And Easy
Bitter Melon Salad Ingredients
- Bitter Melon – 400gms
- Rock Salt – 1 tablespoon
- Large Onion, Sliced – 1
- Ginger – 1 small piece
- Tomato wedges – of 1 to 2 tomatoes (depending on size)
- Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil – 3 tablespoons
- Granulated sugar – ½ teaspoon
- Pepper - to taste
- 2 to 3 sprigs of Cilantro or celery leaves for garnishing.
Preparation Method for Bitter Melon Salad Recipe
- Cut the bitter melons into halves, lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds and pith with a small spoon.
- Add rock salt and blend into the mixture
- Once the salt has dissolved, squeeze out the juice
- Wash and drain the bitter melons
- Place the bitter melons in a bowl
- Peel the onion and slice finely
- Peel the ginger and grate into the bowl
- Add the bell pepper strips, tomato wedges and onion slices.
- Mix in olive oil, vinegar, sugar and pepper
- Stir the entire mixture.
- Place the ingredients in a shallow bowl
- Serve with a garnish of cilantro or celery leaves.