Bitter Gourd Curry Ingredients
- Bitter gourds: 2 medium sized
- Onion: 1 big, finely chopped
- Ginger: 2tbsp, chopped
- Garlic: 1 tsp finely sliced
- Ceylon curry powder: 2 tbsp
- Fresh coconut milk: ½ cup
- Cinnamon: 1inch stick
- Lemon juice: as per taste
- Salt and turmeric.
Preparation Method for Bitter Gourd Curry Recipe
- Wash, scrape and cut bitter gourd into circular pieces.
- Rub with salt and turmeric and reserve for ½ an hour.
- Remove excess water and fry the pieces in oil till crisp.
- In a pan, add oil fry onions till golden brown, add ginger and garlic, sauté for a few minutes, and then add curry powder.
- Add coconut milk and the stick of cinnamon, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add bitter gourd pieces and add lime juice. Adjust taste and allow to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice.